The Law Firm of Figeroux & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Figeroux & Associates is seeking a seasoned Bankruptcy Paralegal.
- To assist attorneys in the preparation of pleadings, motions, and stipulations for court filing as well as correspondence with clients, adversaries, and courts.
- To organize and track the status of cases and assist in the management of attorney court appearances and motion calendars.
- Must have good writing and communication skills, in-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles and the ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines, with the ability to multi-task and proficiently handle a high volume workload.
- Must have the aptitude and ability to learn a variety of office computer systems.
- Must be an organized and diligent worker able to work cohesively with others.
- A minimum of one (1) year of litigation paralegal experience required. Knowledge of NY Bankruptcy courts and court procedures is a must.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated a high level of independence and legal acumen with a friendly demeanor. Bachelors degree required, and paralegal certification a plus. Compensation to commensurate with experience.