Legal Unpaid Internship
The Law Firm of Figeroux & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The unpaid internship program is offered in our downtown Brooklyn office, where we conduct a diverse practice specializing in Bankruptcy Law.
Our general practice also includes:
- IMMIGRATION — Family & Employment-based
- REAL ESTATE transactions
- PERSONAL INJURY
- WILLS and ESTATE PLANNING
Successful candidate(s) will gain experience in all aspects of LAW PRACTICE under direct attorney supervision and will receive training in:
- Writing Legal Memos on Motions for Summary Judgment, Motions to Dismiss, Temporary Restraining Orders, PI, Attachment.
- Training in ECF, PACER, NYSCEF, and more.
- Interviewing Clients, Court Appearances.
- Working with government agencies.
- Drafting Complaints, Answers, Affirmative Defenses & Counterclaims.
- Conducting Discovery, such as Automatic Disclosures, Interrogatories, Requests for Document Production, Deposition Appearance.
- Promoting law firm on social media.
Great opportunity for:
- Paralegal and Legal Marketing Students.
- Recent law school graduate or law student looking to obtain crucial experience in above specialty work in a competitive market or to apply to future careers.
- An attorney from a foreign state with limited knowledge about NY/Fed practice.
- Gain hands-on legal experience in a fast-paced law firm with experienced attorneys and staff. Mentors will work one-and-one with an intern, and interns will be assigned tasks most geared to their interest.
- Interns can also receive academic credit under school program, and a letter of recommendation upon request and successful completion.
- Fluency in foreign languages such as Spanish is a plus.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter & writing sample(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org